Huntleigh Flowtron Excel DVT Compression Pump
- 8.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
- Huntleigh Flowtron Excel System is a clinically effective, non-invasive mechanical prophylaxis system designed to reduce the incidence of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) during all types of major surgery including orthopedic, trauma, urological and general surgery.
- This is Pump and Hoses only.
- Flowtron Excel system is also suitable for other patient groups including neurology, critical care, general medical and obstetrics.By providing compression to a limb via calf or thigh length garment, the Flowtron Excel system increases blood velocity in the deep veins, reduces stasis and stimulates fibrinolysis, the body's natural method for preventing and breaking down clots.
Flowtron Excel Prophylaxis Highlights:
- Single leg mode option allows pump to be used with one garment
- Pressure regulator dial highlights the recommended settings, includes the option of varying the pressure if desired
- Quiet, vibration free pump allows the patient to rest without the distraction of a noisy pump.
- Audible and visual alarms ensure prompt recognition of a system fault
- Choice of calf or thigh garments
- Comfortable polyfoam backing which is breathable, preventing sweating
- Hook and loop fastener which is easy to fit snugly and adjust to different leg sizes
- Snap-lock connectors make it simple to connect the garments to the pump and prevents accidental disconnection
- Single leg option offers the flexibility to use one garment
- Comprehensive range of calf and thigh length garments, in standard, large, and bariatric sizes provide a choice to the clinician and ensures correct sizing to deliver effective compression.
- Pressure regulator dial gives the option to adjust the compression pressure, if required.
- Lightweight pump design and integrated bed mount promote easy handling and convenient placement on the bed, table or stretcher.
- Simple and secure snap-lock connection of garments to the pump prevents accidental disconnection, yet promotes easy set up.
- Easy to apply garments with hook and loop closures ensure snug fit and simple adjustment to different leg shapes.
- Clearly visible illuminated LED display shows actual pressure delivered to the limb for easy checking.
- Intelligent audible and visual alarm features identify true alarm condition, minimize disruption, and allow fast and easy troubleshooting
- Easy clean, anti-kink tubing can be extended for convenient and safe pump positioning
Comfort and Compliance
- Quiet, vibration free pump minimizes disturbance and encourages patient compliance
- Lightweight, breathable fabric compression garments ensure comfort and help prevent the build up of heat and moisture.
- Easily identifiable compression garments provide a visual check to ensure compliance with the patients prescribed method of DVT prophylasxis.
Special Features for the Huntleigh Flowtron Excel Mechanical Prophylaxis System:
- Size: 3.5 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Power: 120 v, 60 Hz, 14 Watts
- Pressure Range: 30-60 mmHg
- Suggested Therapeutic Setting: 40 mmHg
Service and Support:
- Tailored product support and clinical education programs delivered by professionally qualified Product and Clinical Specialists.
- Published clinical studies demonstrating blood flow augmentation and impeccable clinical outcomes.
- Wide range of financial options available to meet todays ever changing budget requirements.
Recommendations for Use
- The Flowtron System should be applied to the patient pre-operatively, prior to the induction of anaesthesia
- The system should be used continuously for no less than 72 hours post-operatively or until the patient becomes fully ambulatory
- If the calf or thigh garment can not be applied to the operative limb during surgery, it may be applied to the limb once the patient reaches the recovery unit
- In the non-surgical patient the system should be initiated immediately the risk of DVT formation is identified
- Garments should be removed regularly to inspect the skin
- Where appropriate patients should be instructed in the proper use of the system, the purpose of therapy and that any problems should be reported to the nursing staff Contraindications
The Flowtron System should not be used in the following conditions:
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischaemic vascular diseases Known or suspected acute DVT or phlebitis
- Severe congestive cardiac failure or any condition where an increase in fluid to the heart may be detrimental Pulmonary embolism
- Any local condition in which the garments would interfere, including gangrene, recent skin graft, dermatitis or untreated, infected leg wounds
- If you are unsure of any contraindications refer to a physician before using the device
- Garments should be removed immediately if the patient experiences tingling, numbness or pain
- When used for DVT prophylaxis continuous use is recommended and any interruption of therapy for a substantial length
- If time should be at the discretion of the physician Patients should be instructed not to stand or walk with the foot garments on
- These are guidelines only and should not replace clinical judgement and experience